Kitchen Sources


I am a visual person.  When we decided to purchase this house, it was boarded up, uninhabited for years (except for raccoons, from what I hear), and rather, well, scary looking.  I had lots of ideas about how to make the space beautiful and functional, but didn't know how to actually make it happen.

Enter Dave, our contractor.  We chose Dave because he had amazing ideas for our house, appreciates the quirks & architecture of older homes, and was just as brave (probably braver) than us about making the house livable and beautiful again.

When we decided to revamp the kitchen and take down a wall, it was amazing to see what it would look like and how the space would work from a 3D perspective.  Dave & Crystal listened to my ideas, entertained my awful sketches (seriously, they were really terrible), listened to me obsess about what shade of white the cabinets should be ("white with warmth & patina, not cold, sterile white…is this too white? Or is it inviting and cozy? Does this white make you want to curl up with a mug of tea?….").  They compiled it all together and created a gorgeous, functional kitchen.    

Here's the progression of our kitchen, courtesy of Architectural XPressions: 





Some of you have been asking about sources in the kitchen and I have listed them below.  Anyone who knows me knows I love a bargain.  I listed the websites for locating these items, but the site listed is not necessarily where I purchased them from.  While we were renovating, I searched exhaustively  and used my pregnant insomnia powers to find the best deals on these items.  The knobs from RH were found at an outlet for $3; the dishwasher came free (!) with the stove.  The rest, I researched to the ends of the earth and was able to find some clearanced or on major sale.   

Any questions, just holler.

Kitchen Sources

Design: Architectural XPressions, Delafield WI

Faucet: Tresa by Brizo

Countertops:  Calacutta Maximum porcelain slab by Fiandre via Architectural XPressions
http://www.granitifiandre.com/porcelain-tile/technical-ceramic/marmi-maximum/calacatta-maximum/
*Note on the countertops.  They look like marble, but they're actually a giant slab of porcelain with a digital imprint of marble. It's the look of marble without the etching, the staining or the maintenance!  Miracle product, in my opinion.  This product is going to take off, mark my words.  

Fridge: Viking 

Range & Dishwasher: Thermador

Cabinetry: Mouser 

Pendants: Visual Comfort Thomas O'Brian Hicks Pendant 

Sconces: Boston Functional Library Wall Light by Circa Lighting

Knobs: Restoration Hardware "Duluth" in oil rubbed bronze

Pulls: Atlas Homewares Distressed Collection

Wall Color: Benjamin Moore Stingray

Trim Color: Benjamin Moore White Dove

China Cabinet: Custom 

Flooring: Original



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment