The Hardware Dilemma



I have a dilemma. A first world problem, really, but a problem nonetheless.

I chose antique brass sconces for over the kitchen window to coordinate with bronze and brass pendants for over the stove.  I originally was going to get the coordinating brass faucet to tie in the brass until I realized that the one I wanted was….twelve hundred dollars.  Not rupees, dollars.  (I have great taste).

I decided to go with a brushed nickel faucet, mainly because I figured that a nickel faucet would blend better into a light countertop and wouldn't be in competition with the brass sconces.  In my many sleepless nights given over to thinking about kitchen fixtures, I realized that an oil rubbed bronze faucet would draw more attention to the disparity in the finish between the brass light directly above the faucet.  Clearly, I have spent too much time thinking about this.

Here's the fixtures I chose:

Brizo Tresa Bridge faucet in Stainless
Visual Comfort Boston Library Sconce in hand rubbed bronze

David Hicks pendant 


I have been hardware shopping this week and I don't know if I should choose the oil rubbed bronze finish or a weathered nickel finish.  Do I try to tie in the bronze from the pendants or the nickel from the faucet?!?!

Here's the case for bronze:












And here's the case for nickel:








While I was out yesterday, I did find a pull that I liked.  It's simple, and has a bit o' bronze in with the nickel.  Or perhaps I should just decide on one or the other and stop all this in-between nonsense?



What say you?  Oil rubbed bronze or nickel hardware ?



CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I guess I think the old-rubbed bronze looks best. Since there black on your lights it ends up tying in well. The nickle seemed to stand out to me, overall.

    my 2 cents (worth about that much!)

    ~Angele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am leaning that way too (of course, we agree). Your opinion is priceless :)

    ReplyDelete