Bathrooms. (Not for the faint of heart).

This week has been busy.  I am packing up our home as we prepare to move into a 2-bedroom apartment while the renovations continue.  This week is about changing addresses, phone numbers, keeping the kiddos occupied, canceling phone/internet, figuring out how to get phone/internet, and wondering just HOW IN THE WORLD WE WILL SURVIVE IN A 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT.

Other than that, we are likely going to be finishing the master bath in addition to the other projects since the permits are already pulled.  I really like the look of reclaimed wood floor tile in the bathroom, but am wondering if that would be too much wood flooring in the house.

But let me back up.  Before we discuss bathrooms, let's explore the sad, sad state that our bathrooms are in right now, starting with the first floor bath:



Greg looking discouraged!
(I look discouraged).
And here's the second floor bath, in slightly better condition than the first floor:




And here's the creepy but possibly really cool vintage toilet in the scary basement:


Now let's all put on some rose-colored glasses and look at some prettier photos.  The original subway tile is actually in good shape in both bathrooms and I love the depth the finish has:  


Here's the tile that will go on the first floor bath floor:
 
Here's the look I'm going for in the first floor bath:
via

The second floor bathroom is going to be primarily for the girls, and here's some inspiration:
via
via
I'd like to relocate the scary basement toilet into our bathroom, but other than that, I'm stumped.  Should I go for the white subway tile/marble-mosaic floor as the other bathrooms have, or should I go for a different look entirely?  Here's some floors I have been digging on lately:
 
via

I went to the Tile Shop today and found a couple of options, but I am looking for something a little more grey/worn looking.  Here's 3 tiles that may work:





I've also been on Craiglist daily looking for a 36" buffet, table, or dresser that I could turn into a vanity for our bathroom.  I really like these looks:

via
via



I also want to take advantage of some unused attic space by adding some recessed shelving or drawers in the bathroom:



Should I go for the classic white subway tile look, or the reclaimed chevron floor look?

Be Awesome Today.   
                                Laura

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. I'm just a guy who doesn't know anything, but go with the subway tile. You are going to hate chevron floor look in a few short years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog are so fun to read! It is like an episode of property brothers but the wait of the end result is much longer. You have wonderful ideas. I am sure it will look beautiful at the end. I hope to do the same in the future with my family. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jeremy - classic white subway title look. Your ideas are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input! You and Jeremy are probably right.

      Delete