Summer Essentials Checklist



Today is the best day of your life because I have solved all your problems. 
I have compiled the ultimate summer checklist of products that have proved their worth in our household.


1. These coloring books are new to us this summer. Now that the kiddos are older, I thought they'd dig a more intricate coloring book (plus, it lasts longer!). I hooked them up with some new markers and colored pencils for the books as well. They're great for long road trips.

2. I love these popsicle molds. They're dishwasher (top rack) safe and don't take up a ton of freezer space. I make a smoothie in the morning and pour it into these and the girls love them. Just make sure you store them upright in your freezer.

3.The girls have had these water bottles all school year. They're BPA free, dishwasher safe, and have held together all year and the design on the outside is still vibrant. They're available in loads of great patterns.

4. Need I say more? Sidewalk chalk is a summer staple.

5. We work on keeping our academic skills up over the summer. I like this brand and with Star Wars on the comeback, these are a great option too.

6. This bubble container is awesome. It doesn't leak or spill and we have tested that to limits here. It's available in a variety of colors. I learned the hard way that the top doesn't have to be taken off to refill the bubbles-just dump the refill in slowly and you're set.

7.  These lunch boxes are awesome. They've held up all school year and are great for packing lunches for the park or beach. I throw them into the wash with towels. Available in many patterns and colors.

8.  I discovered this sunscreen last year. It's SPF 50+, water resistant, and free of harsh chemicals. A little goes a long way.

9. I have this first aid kit in the car at all times. I keep Neosporin, kids ibuprofen, bandaids, tweezers, hand sanitizer, and a chapstick in it.

10. This sounds strange, but I have to ration bandaids at our house. Any "owie" has to be approved by mama before a bandaid gets put on. That sounds harsh, but my children would love to be covered head to toe in princess bandages all summer long and I'd prefer not going to go broke buying them.

11. This tub is in my trunk all summer. It's big enough to hold all our sand toys, beach towels, swimsuits, and sunscreen. I try to keep it stocked with fresh towels and swimsuits so that if we are running around town doing errands and want to stop in at a splash pad, we have everything we need. Plus, I earn cool mom status if I have it with me.  I like the rope handles because one kiddo can grab a handle to help me carry it. 

12. A friend turned me onto these bars. They are filling and don't have the weird aftertaste that some energy bars have. Great for on-the-go snack.

13. Okay, it took me awhile to buy this candle. I mean, a $20 candle? But it smells so good and the whole house is filled with fragrance, unlike other candles that don't really scent the whole house. I light it first thing in the morning for an hour or two to get my day going.

14. I have very dry skin, so I appreciate that this hand sanitizer actually works like a lotion too. I keep it in the car at all times.

15. These are the ultimate summer shoe. They are super durable, great for wet/dry, running/walking, sand/rain and available in many colors. I have a pair from 10 years ago that all four girls have worn. Marielle outgrew that pair of Crocs last summer and I just don't think I can part with them. Perhaps I'll turn them into a Christmas ornament, because I will never let that pair go. 

16. Dude. These suckers save my life every day: "If you are good in the store, you can have a sucker when we get to the car," or "I'm sorry we have to leave, but when we get to the car, you can have a sucker," or "No, I am not going to buy that but if you stop crying, you can have a sucker when we get to the car." Basically, they're bribery on a stick in convenient packaging. (You can buy them on Amazon but sometimes I find them cheaper in the checkout line of Marshalls or TJ Maxx).

So that's a wrap. If you're looking for other helpful summertime tips, check out this and this.
                                                                           
SaveSaveSaveSave

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment