Office Tour & Update

A couple of months ago, Holly from See Jane Work helped me get my office organized & ready for the school year. And I was certainly in need of help because I tend to make (large) piles with all my bills, receipts, school papers, and mail. It drove me nuts to have to sort all my piles to find one piece of paper. 

I wanted to give my office a facelift before Holly arrived and (of course) waited until the last minute to do it. Apparently, I need anxiety and a timeline to motivate me. I painted the walls, purchased a couple of storage pieces, and hung some artwork. Bam. Instant office.





So when WeWork, a network of shared community work spaces, reached out to me and asked for an tour of my office, I thought this would be a great opportunity to give an update on how the office and organization is working out so far.   

First off, I killed that fern in the pretty pot within a matter of weeks.


 May it rest in peace.

The cabinet in the office holds my wireless printer, letter trays, and these life-saving boxes.






Can I just vow my everlasting affection to these storage boxes? They are large enough to hold the girls' art projects and all their papers. They're magnetic! They're sturdy! No more giant piles! They are saving my sanity. I plan to keep filling them with special papers & artwork throughout the school year and then file them away at year's end.

I use the letter trays for papers that have to be signed/scanned/dealt with right away. They're handy to have right next to the printer.

And speaking of printers, I purchased this one last year. It's wireless, which means I can print from my laptop anywhere in the house and I can also print from my phone. My only complaint is that it seems to go through ink cartridges quickly, but then again, that's probably every printer. 

The basket inside holds my modem and my Apple AirPort, which serves as a backup device and router.


I've changed a couple things around in the office since this summer. I moved the rug to the other side of the room and changed up some decor.







The rug was scored on super sale at Anthropologie and the trash can was thrifted and I added some white duct tape stripes.

Click on over to Holly's blog (here) to see the rest of the tour (including my favorite part of my office) and a short interview I had with Holly this week.

This post was inspired by WeWork, which offers community of co-working office spaces to connect with other creative people at locations all around the country. WeWork is great for freelancers, startups, and business owners who want a dedicated work space within a creative community. Check out their growing list of co-working spaces to see if it would suit your creative venture.

Sources:
post signature

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment