Unsuspecting

A couple days ago, we had some good weather.  I spontaneously decided to tote a dining chair outside and begin sanding down the crazy layers of shellac or whatever diamond-hard finish is on those things.



An hour later, I still wasn't finished with even one chair.  That just doesn't work for me.  I need to have a sense of accomplishment when I pull out powertools, so I grabbed this unsuspecting footstool from near the front door and sanded that instead.


After a bit more elbow grease, it looked like this:


I tried out some danish oil and a couple different stains on it and found a warm, honey tone I liked.



I had picked up a marble top table at TJ Maxx a couple weeks ago to catch mail and keys in the sunroom. The stool would fit nicely under it so I popped out the marble and dragged the table outside for a quick paint job.

This is where we all pretend that this is a perfectly staged photo without background debris


A couple coats of spray paint and reupholstery job later, we have a new look in the sunroom.  We use the basket under the table to toss the kiddos shoes in at the end of the day.





I like how a spontaneous afternoon can shape up a room just a wee bit.













CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment